Tuesday, February 8, 2011

GIRL SCOUT COOKIE RECIPES - PART 1 - THIN MINT BROWNIES

I have the feeling I'm not the only parent of a Girl Scout who is going to find herself in possession of way more boxes of cookies than can (or should be) consumed in a few months' time.  In case you're looking for options for your cookie stash, I'll be posting some cookie recipes which were provided at The Girl Scouts of Western Ohio Cookie Rally my daughter attended last month.  I haven't made any of these personally, so I can't vouch for the taste, but I figure you can't go wrong with anything containing Thin Mints.  Once the cookies are delivered in late February I plan on making each recipe myself and will update you on any changes or additions I feel are necessary.  If you have good luck (or bad luck) with any of the recipes, please let  me know in the comments section.
THIN MINT BROWNIES

* 1/2 box of crushed Thin Mints cookies
* 1 box of brownie mix
* 2 eggs (3 eggs for cake-like brownies)
* 1/4 cup of water
* 1/2 cup of vegetable oil

 
Directions:
Crush Thin Mints into medium size chunks. Mix all ingredients into mixing bowl. Do not use electric mixer -- batter will be stiff. Spread batter evenly in greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Bake in center of oven at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting. Serve with mint-flavored tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment