Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SHE SHOOTS! SHE SCORES!

I wrote the other day about my Once Upon a Child outing and their $1 clearance sale.  After getting pants for both my kids which should last them for the next year, I spent several days being haunted by the vision of those shirts, skirts, jackets, and sweaters just hanging there with their pretty little orange clearance tags.  I figured after two days the good stuff was long gone, but I kept thinking each item was at least a $3 savings to me (that's if it was purchased full price at the consignment store) and that if I spent an hour and only bought three items it was the equivalent of earning nine tax-free dollars. 

I drove the six minutes to Once Upon a Child and found the place was still bargain nirvana!  I grabbed a cart and quickly purchased next-size or two-size-up long sleeved shirts and sweaters for my daughter, enough to take her through next season and beyond.  I also got my son a couple sized-up sweatshirts and long sleeved shirts and even one short sleeved polo shirt.  I also managed a nice hooded jacket and pair of gym shoes in like-new condition for my daughter.

Total number of items:  38.  Total cost:  $38.00 + tax.  Total if purchased at regular Once Upon a Child prices:  $218.50.
 
Cha-ching!

No comments:

Post a Comment